4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Tim Peters 3 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Be sure to post your answers to Week 3’s questions in this thread!

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

What experiences as a child made us think of death as a curse?  One for me was going to a funeral of another child from school who had died in a drowning.  I can’t say that I was close to the boy who died.  But it did seem very strange going to the funeral of a peer.

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

Madden makes the point that it is a test of character to wait and to live with the emptiness.  I agree with his point to not have a person get remarried right after losing a spouse.  I know a person who did that when as a young bride in college she lost her husband.  She remarried soon and her second marriage did not last too long.  I don’t think there is a fixed time to give a person about getting remarried.  But what advice should be given to someone who asks the question how long should I wait?

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

The Bible talks about God as the One who is, who was and who is to come.  Madden talks about the need to be in the present and not get stuck in the past.  After a loss a grieving person is part in the past and part in the present.  And maybe part in the future.  What is the right balance?  Obviously it is not a one size fits all equation.  How do we help people deal with wanting to stay in the past and feeling like life isn’t worth living in the present?

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

I like the quote on page 110 that says “the ability to wait might be the chief Christian virtue.”  It reminds me of a picture of Jesus I got from someone in the past that said- God works while I wait.  I am patient at times, but other times not at all.  There is something about wanting to be in control that gets to me.  I think it is part of human condition.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.