4 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Tim Peters 3 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Post your answers to Week 2’s questions in this thread.

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

Madden brings up the example of Jacob blessing his sons at the end of his life.  There was a lot of jealousy among the sons throughout their lives.  I wonder what it would have been like if he had given them all more blessings through their formative years.

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

I feel it is important point that blessing is not rewarding someone for doing good.  It is acknowledging their innate value that God has given them.  That goes against the grain of our performance based society.  How can we change our perspective to see people through new eyes?

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

I liked what Madden had to say about how only the truth can bless.  That is a reminder for me when I seek to bless something, authenticity is a must.  I hope that speaking the truth in love will be a skill that I develop until I die.

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

A quote that stuck out to me from the book was “A person seldom has the ability or the courage to take the full inside look.”  page 50.  This quote raised the question for myself about how I doing with taking the full inside look.  I feel like in CPE we are forced to do that.  But it is something that probably needs doing on an ongoing basis.  How willing am I to take time to reflect about whats going on inside?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.