All Courses Forums Course Discussion Forums Strategic Chaplaincy Seminar Recording: Strategic Chaplaincy with Rabbi Nadia Siritsky

2 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Rose McKeown 2 years, 7 months ago
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Rose McKeown
      @rmckeown

Seminar Recording: Strategic Chaplaincy with Rabbi Nadia Siritsky

I listened to the recording four times but found it very difficult to understand it all. It was very choppy. Then I read Brand and Joys reflection today and that helped me get some understanding of it and then I went back and listened to it one more time.

I appreciated Rabbi Nadia’s personal and professional journey and how she has responded to God’s grace in her life! She is amazing! I especially appreciated how she was born to a Jewish father and a very devout Catholic mother. A blended family. Her father was a Holocaust survivor and she responded to the call to honor the legacy of all those who died in the Holocaust and to prevent future ones from ever happening. A call to care for and respect the dignity of every human being. This was reflected in the project she had for her doctorate degree. If I understood right, it was a three-month project and hourly staff were not invited to be a part of it because of money. She also addressed the wrongs she saw and the inequity of race among the various hospital groups. She addressed the issues of burn-out and compassion fatigue among staff.

She shared how she was led on this very personal, spiritual and professional journey: Rabbi, Chaplaincy and her work with 911 and Ground Zero. She saw how people who coped the most were those who were connected to community which led her to reflect her own connection to community. Got Masters in Social Work, Doctorate in Pastoral Ministry, Vice President of Mission, Advocacy for chaplains and growth of the Pastoral Care Department there at the hospital in Louisville.
      What an amazing person and not so very old from what I could see in the video! I would love to meet her someday!

Joy Freeman
      Participant
      @jfreeman

Rose,

You summarize very well Rabbi Nadia’s call to care and how she has been able to move that from bedside patient ministry to leadership and growth.  Like you I greatly appreciated her back ground as it did help understand and appreciate her passion for the research she has done.

Joy

Rose McKeown
      @rmckeown

Thanks Joy!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.