All Courses Forums Course Discussion Forums The Power to Bless Randy Pausch's Lecture Reflections

3 replies, 2 voices Last updated by Tim Peters 3 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Please add your answers and reflections to the Week 3 Second Assignment on Randy Pausch’s The Last Lecture lesson here.

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

Randy lived a good example of blessing and mentoring his students.  An important leadership lesson from his talk is when you are a leader, part of the role is to train someone to surpass you.  Too many people either don’t know how to do this or afraid of working themselves out of a job.

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

I noticed the other centeredness of Randy.  He didn’t want his last lecture to be about him and his cancer.  Even the small example of singing happy birthday with all the people in the audience to his wife showed his concern for her.  I believe one of the reasons it seems he was a successful as a professor is that he had learned the lesson that it is better to give than recieve.  He wanted to help give his students open doors and bright futures.

Tim Peters
      @TimPeters

One of the dreams I had growing up was to be a pastor.  I chose in seminary to change direction a little and pursue chaplaincy. I am grateful for peers and professors who were able to give good feedback as I made that decsion.  My friend Steven was a good sounding board to discuss about making the choice to put my effort in applying for chaplain residencies instead of pastoral jobs.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.