10 replies, 6 voices Last updated by Carl Aiken 3 years, 5 months ago
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Use this thread to introduction yourself to your fellow course takers!

Michael Purintun
      Participant
      @michael

Good morning, I am Michael Purintun. I have been the Director of Publication and Administration here at the Oates Institute for over four years. What I DO is work with members to find solutions for their challenges, and work on the course and web sites, and publish articles in the Oates Journal.

Wish everyone well, and hope we can all learn to navigate this new environment!

Peace,

Michael

Dierdre Jarrett
      Participant
      @Dierdrej

Good Morning!  So sorry to be so late – I am still trying to figure out how to use the site so hope this is the right place to introduce myself.  My name is Dierdre and I work in a community hospital 15 minutes from downtown Orlando, between Universal and Disney, so our patient population is about 25% from out of town, even some from out of the country. I love my ministry, have served as a chaplain in various hospital sizes for 18 years. I am interested in this course because I am passionate about patient care and have taken Oates courses in the past and enjoyed them. Oh, on a personal note,  I am married to Rick, just celebrated 20 years and have a daughter, Grace,  who is looking toward college as she is a junior this year.  And I can’t forget my dog, Cody, he is 8 and unfortunately has a chronic illness, Cushings disease, which is causing me all kinds of challenges, mostly sleep deprivation!  Looking forward to learning with you!

Carl Aiken
        Participant
        @CarlAiken

Great to hear your stories!

Carl Aiken
        Participant
        @CarlAiken

Deidre, which is the health care centre you work in? I googled Michaels, looks like a great place. My old shop is the Women’s and Children’s in Adelaide. http://www.wch.sa.gov.au The #4 photo is of the nursing director of the ED – lots of good times with her and the team.

Michael Porter
      Participant
      @mkporter

<div class=”bbp-reply-content entry-content”>

Greetings All,

I found out I was not navigating this new system correctly.  I hope I catch on.

My name is Mike and I am the Chaplain/Director of Pastoral Services for Porter Regional Hospital in Valparaiso, IN.  I am ordained in the Lutheran Church.  The first nine years of my ministry I served as a parish Pastor.  I have been a hospital Chaplain for the last twenty three years.  I am Board Certified with APC.  I am married to Deb fro thirty six years.  we have one daughter who is married and living her dream in Vermont with her husband and our two grandsons.  We also have a son who is living his dream in NYC as a free lance lighting designer.

There are always growing opportunities in the area of spiritual care, especially in the changing world of health care.  I am looking forward to continuing my growth with all of you through this seminar.

Peace,    Mike

</div>

Michael Purintun
      Participant
      @michael

Well, we are sort of started. New pattern. I hope all are well.

Do we start a new Thread after reading?

Michael Purintun

Carl Aiken
      Participant
      @CarlAiken

Testing this for Carl.

Carl Aiken
      Participant
      @CarlAiken

Thanks folks – yes it has had teething problems. I have taken some time to work through the technology- – a bit of a numpty with it. Jason has been a great help.

Kim Newberry
      Participant
      @knewberry

Hi, my name is Kim. I work alongside Michael and Rick at the Oates’ physical office (in Louisville, KY) in an admin role, but learning more and more! I am married (5 years this September!), and I work with my husband in youth ministry as well as working as an office admin for a mental healthcare therapist’s office.

This is a brand new avenue of learning for me, so I am very excited to see what and how I can take this and integrate it into my daily life, both at the office and at church.

Carl Aiken
      Participant
      @CarlAiken

Hi Kim, welcome. a Health topic and youth ministry is an interesting mix!I think you will find some common ground – we had an adolescent ward at the hospital – bunch of grotty, sullen, delightful, smart young people. Loved them! They didn’t have the filters that lots of us adults have developed so lots of real and honest conversations.
      Cheers
      Carl

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.