4 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Dierdre Jarrett 3 years, 3 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Please introduce yourself to the fellow Helping Children Grieve students.

Lori Casey BSN MDiv., BCC-PCHAC
      Participant
      @lcasey

Hello, I am Lori Casey, and I have been the palliative care chaplain for Baptist Health Lexington for the last 6 years.  I am actually taking time off from that job to travel with my husband while I still can.  Our Palliative Care Team was very active but we did not have a pediatric component.  The University of KY Medical Center, just down the street has a huge pediatric unit is home to pediatrics,  palliative care, and hospice care for children. I’m a United Methodist minister but was an Air Force nurse and Recovery Room RN before moving to KY to attend seminary.  I have been married for 35 years- my husbands a pilot for Delta. We have two adult children who both live in Atlanta, GA. I am so looking forward to learning more about helping children grieve from Lisa Wood and each one in this seminar.

Rick Underwood
      @RickUnderwood

Lori,

Again, I apologize for our delay in getting this discussion started. I have taken over for Lisa Wood. Not sure what happened to her. Glad you are able to travel with your husband some.  What kind of work does he do?  I will take a look at your posts ASAP.  I’m trying to get the other folks who registered to start the course. Be sure, if you do any further posts that you check the box in the left bottom of the scene so email notifications will come your way.

Rick

Carolyn Osoinach
      @cosoinach

My name is Carolyn Osoinach, and I am a Presbyterian minister.  I worked as a hospital and hospice chaplain for over 10 years before transitioning into congregational ministry as an interim pastor for several local churches in the Dallas area.  In the past few years, I have had the chance to care for several children dealing with grief, including my own, and I am looking forward to learning from this seminar!

Dierdre Jarrett
      Participant
      @Dierdrej

Rick and all,

I am so sorry, I did not realize that this seminar was finally up and running!  I will try to catch up. My name is Dierdre and I am a chaplain at a community based hospital in Orlando. I have an interest in children’s grief, and have often been the chaplain called to support the children present when a patient dies. We have some rituals in place for them, handprints and locks of hair we offer for instance. Sorry for the delay, I guess I was checking the wrong spot, I do not find this site very user friendly. 🙁

Dierdre

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.