3 replies, 3 voices Last updated by Mark Pedersen 2 years, 4 months ago
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Lindsay Spencer
      Keymaster
      @LindsaySpencer

Welcome to the course. Please introduce yourself!

•  

Mark Pedersen
      Participant
      @markpedersen

Good Morning!  My name is Rev. Mark Pedersen.  I serve First United Methodist Church of Grand Saline as their pastor.  The church is a part of the Texas Annual Conference.  I have been in ministry for 30 years as a Youth Director, Associate Pastor and Senior Pastor.  I graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University in 1991 with a Bachelor of Business Administration and from Texas Christian University’s Brite School of Theology in 1995.  I have done two CPE Units so far in my career.  One at Terrell State Hospital in 1994 and one at Mother Francis Hospital in Bryan, Texas.  I look forward to our time together!

Rick Underwood
      @RickUnderwood

Welcome Mark,

Thanks for jumping in and sharing your introduction.  Your rich experience in the pastoral ministry will be a great contribution to our learning together. I noticed you have participated in a couple of units of CPE.  Was that recently?

It would be helpful to hear some of your experience with spiritual care research and or some of what you would like to learn in this collaborative learning experience.

Rick

Mark Pedersen
      Participant
      @markpedersen

Hi Rick,

Both of the CPE classes I took were before 2000.  There were done in conjunction with the church I was serving at the time!

At Brite School of Theology I was fortunate to have Dr. Lester and Dr. Lester for Pastoral Care classes.  They were a husband and wife team.

I hope to do research to learn how to retain church members that have stopped attending before I arrived as pastor.  When attempts at personal visits are rebuffed, when phone calls are not returned and when other church members are unsuccessful….what is next.  I continue to pray, send newsletters, send emails and attempt to contact through social media.

I’m just hoping to hear from you and members of the class what their experiences have been.

Mark

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.