Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Lindsay Spencer
      Keymaster
      @LindsaySpencer

Welcome to the course. Please introduce yourself!

Mark Pedersen
      Participant
      @markpedersen

<div class=”activity-inner” style=”margin: 15px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; border-width: 0px 0px 0px 2px; border-image: initial; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; color: #737373; font-family: Lato; border-color: initial initial initial #eaeaea; border-style: initial initial initial solid;”>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 1px 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4; overflow-wrap: break-word;”>Good Morning!  My name is Rev. Mark Pedersen.  I serve First United Methodist Church of Grand Saline as their pastor.  The church is a part of the Texas Annual Conference.  I have been in ministry for 30 years as a Youth Director, Associate Pastor and Senior Pastor.  I graduated from Stephen F. Austin State University in 1991 with a Bachelor of Business Administration and from Texas Christian University’s Brite School of Theology in 1995.  I have done two CPE Units so far in my career.  One at Terrell State Hospital in 1994 and one at Mother Francis Hospital in Bryan, Texas.  I look forward to our time together!</p>

</div>
      <div class=”activity-meta” style=”margin: 15px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; color: #737373; font-family: Lato;”>  Delete</div>

Trish Matthews
      @TrishMatthews

Mark,  I am also in Texas.  What is Grand Saline close to?  I hear such good things about Brite!  And your two CPE units sound interesting due to the places.  Look forward to getting to “know” you in this class.

Trish

Deanna Stringer
      Participant
      @dstringer

Hi.

I am Deanna Stringer. I started this course last year but never finished it. I have just been hired as a hospice chaplain about 3 weeks ago and it is only about 5 miles from my home. I am a mom of 6. 4 grown children, 3 grandsons and 1 on the way in Sept. We adopted our 2 godchildren this past Dec. and it has been a real adventure. I am excited to step back into chaplaincy professionally again and not just as a volunteer. My next step is to start to look at the paperwork to get my BBC and work toward specialty certification in hospice and palliative care so this course is a beginning step in that direction for me.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.