4 replies, 5 voices Last updated by Cindy Sturgill 2 years, 9 months ago
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow course mates!

David
      Participant
      @Chaplain Brinker

Colleagues and online-learners,

I am David Brinker.  I have been a pastor for over 40 years, and am now serving as full-time chaplain at a senior living retirement community called Normandie Ridge.  I am looking forward to sharpening my skills of being a caring, compassionate presence.

I hope I can figure out the way this web site works and navigate the on line course.

Sincerely,

David

Rose McKeown
      @rmckeown

Introduction.   Hi everyone!   I am Sister Rose McKeown and am in my 15th year as chaplain at Taylorville Memorial Hospital and Memorial Home Services Hospice.  Ours is a Critical Access Hospital.   I am looking forward,  as David shared, to sharpening my skills of being a caring and compassionate presence.  Sometimes when you are in a position for a long time, you can kind of get ‘stale’, and I don’t want that to happen to me.   I just received the books in yesterdays’ mail so I hope to catch up as the week goes on.  Glad to meet you all.

Rick Underwood
      @RickUnderwood

Welcome, David and Rose and others,

It is wonderful to have two very experienced spiritual caregivers.  It sounds like both of you serve in challenging but rewarding contexts.  I look forward to learning from each of you as we journey through this process.

Rick

Cindy Sturgill
      Participant
      @CindySturgill

Hello everyone!

My name is Cindy Sturgill.  I am an Integrative Nutritionist. We believe there are two types of nourishment: “Secondary Food,” which is what we ingest and “Primary Food,” which involves our relationships, career, activities, and spirituality. My practice, which I thought was going to be more food based, has actually become more spiritually based. I am seeking ways to listen more effectively and discover the knowledge to assist others in discovering the beauty and bounty in their unique spiritual paths.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.