brandeaton
Participant
@brandeaton

Hello everyone,

My name is Brand Eaton.  I’m Director of Pastoral Services at Bethany Village Retirement Center in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.  Bethany Village is a continuing care retirement community of approximately 525 independent cottage and apartment residents, 100 assisted living residents including 30 in a memory care neighborhood, and 69 skilled nursing beds.  We are part of Asbury Communities, an eight-community network across the Mid-Atlantic with roots in the United Methodist Church.  At Bethany Village, the Pastoral Services Department is myself and a half-time position filled by a semi-retired Episcopal priest.  I have been in my present position for nearly ten years.

I am interested in this course because I have been experiencing a waning of my energy and enthusiasm for some time.  I can identify a series of institutional and shifts and personal experiences that could form a litany of loss that I’m sure have contributed to my current sense of vocational decline.  I am hoping to be able to look at myself through the window of what I learn here and discover some strategies and resources for renewal.