Wally Plock
Participant
@wemajh

Morning reflection, part two.  The birds have begun singing. Another train Whistle adds harmony while the sound of someone making coffee completes the sonnet.

I apologize about the computer language again, I forgot when I cut and pasted the fererence from James about every good and perfect gift coming down from the Father of lights.

Also, when I hit send on my previous entry, it somehow cut out my last few thoughts.

It is in our nature to … I can’t quite remember.  🙂

Anyway, Jennifer, Thank you for your thoughts also about the validity of everyone’s faith journey even the more narrow ones.  Your reminder to read Mr. Hussain Koraninc and other (Holy) writings in context is a good reminder.  Accepting the hard passages/concepts or at least being honest to say that there is more going on that we at first can see is challenging, necessary, scary…  For me There are a few images of Jesus that are hard to put together.  Baby Jesus meek and mild, Jesus friend of sinners, Jesus crucified saying “Father, forgive them. They know not what they do.” Jesus Christ, Conquering King of Kings in Revelation.

I end this reflection with a mystery God wink.  “To whom God was pleased to make known what is the riches of the glory of the mysteries among the gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”  Col. 1:27

This was quoted this week in a Hospice book I am reading and then quoted a few days later by Father Rohr.  The fuller verse here actually makes more sense as I struggle going from the pastor/chaplain to a predominantly Christian population at the nursing home to a much more diverse population as a Hospice Spiritual Care Coordinator.  The change in title represents the  challenge as I let go of the comfortable and into the unknown.