Lesgonzales
Participant
@Lesgonzales

Hello all,

I’m a bit late in the game, but my name is Leslie Gonzales (a male, lol, sometimes the name throws people off), I’m ordained American Baptist, but currently serve in a Methodist congregation as the pastoral care pastor.  I’m also a corporate chaplain.  I’m married with three boys, the oldest is 23 and in college, the younger two are 10 year old twins on the Autism Spectrum… All of this alone makes me the perfect candidate for burnout, but I digress….

My interest in burnout comes from the fact that very shortly after I entered into ministry, within probably a year, I began seeing pastors all around me either burning out completely or on the verge of burnout.  I saw some leave ministry, I saw some fall to terrible public sin, I saw some that *should* have left ministry but never did (and their congregations paid the price for it)…  After witnessing all of this happen around me, I entered into a Doctor of Ministry program where I chose to do my dissertation project on pastoral burnout.  I graduated in 2017, but my penchant for lifelong learning brought me here.  When I saw the topic I naturally gravitated towards it.  I’m always open to learn new things and I’m excited to see what new things I’m made aware of or at least reminded of as we go through this course together…