Wally Plock
Participant
@wemajh

Mike.  Thank you for your reflections. I harmonize with you when you say, “I believe my purpose is to be a compassionate presence for another person …God said it is not good for the human to be alone . So God created another.”  It is a gift we receive as chaplains to be invited into another’s personal and spiritual space.  The healing that happens when another graces us with the gift of parts of their story.  How often do we hear, that it was good to talk to you.”  That seems to me to be the easiest place to land with my personal faith and the faith of others.  My faith empowers and sometimes emboldens me to go to meet with another person so I might bring them the gift of compassion that is from God.  Whatever their faith/spirituality/religion/or not is–if they allow me across the threshold we can meet on common ground.

<span style=”color: #737373; font-family: Lato; font-size: 12px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.03);”>I believe my purpose is to be a compassionate presence for another person.  In Genesis, God said it is not good for the human to be alone.  So, God created another.  </span>