Wally Plock
Participant
@wemajh

Rick,  “…We are called to be responsive to our clients but not responsible for their out comes. I have to remind myself that I am not God.  I see my role as a gardener…God does the healing…”  I love the image of a gardener.

Laura, I check in with patients over a period of time to see if they can name one thing for which to give thanks.  I find that is a silent way to help elevate the mood.”  I remember learning about Paul Pruyser in CPE and his awareness of the Holy (awe).

Michael, From there I talk about God who is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love,”  Thank you for this reminder.  The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”  Psalm: 34:18

Peter,  “..each time I leave the counselling room to leave not just my client’s problem there but to also offer the matter into God’s hands.”   We are allowed to be a vessel of God’s grace and was stated earlier, we are not God.

Diana, thank you for this “…Something else that comes to mind with compassion fatigue is taking the time to process when I need to…”