Trish Matthews
@TrishMatthews

Hi everyone.  My name is Trish.  I have an interesting “religious” life in that I was born a Methodist, was initially ordained a Southern Baptist, and am now happily an ordained Presbyterian.  I am the Manager of Pastoral Care at my local Presbyterian Hospital, which is part of a 14 hospital group.  We have around 325 beds.  I have one other full time staff person and 6 PRN chaplains who help with on call and some daytime work.  I should say up front that I am currently on disability as I was diagnosed with colon cancer in January.  I have two more months of treatments to go, hopefully.  I realized the end of the year would be here soon and I would need my CEU’s for the APC, so this class will help with that.  I have several gay and lesbian friends at the hospital and even did my first lesbian wedding this past year.  It was very sweet and meaningful to me.  But I am woefully inadequate in my understanding of this wonderful and marginalized group of people so this class will hopefully open my eyes to new things.  Looking forward to being with you,

Trish