Thank you Gail for the wealth of ideas.

Sorry for the delay in response–our system opened our 4th hospital this weekend.   Busy days–calls for that non-anxious presence each and every day.

After my hubby’s health crisis, I wrote a letter to a friend telling all that happened–and the ways I saw God at work.  I still haven’t typed it to send, but I plan to–and this is encouraging me to do so.

I also tried the Biopoem–new term for me.  Remembered my grandmother–who died when I was in graduate school.

Pearl

humble, hardworking, loving

grandmother to Kathy and 25 others; mother to Alvin and 6 more

baking, crochet, soap operas

hardship, grief, determination

reared children and grandchildren, entrepreneur, respect

Fort Pierce, Florida

Sapp

I was reminded of here life through the depression, loss of husband at an early age, loss of children and grandchildren,  had a business of sorts–boarded horses on her property, proud woman.

I’m reminded of the song we use for our Children’s Memorial Service–a song written in honor of a woman’s nephew –Precious Child.  Sometimes phrases of that song come to mind as I hear of the loss of a loved one.

Gail, the black box is powerful.  So many times in visiting patients–and I learn of their grief, we seem to be acknowledging their grief–and giving permission to be on a journey along the grief process.  Each journey is different–and no set time.

As I’m writing, I realize that the last few years at work have had elements of grief.  My boss retired, I changed locations of work after 19 years, new people joined the department, one left, oversight changed, more locations added.   So many changes–different from grieving  the loss of a loved one, but grieving the loss of friends, co-workers, work situations, routines.  So my days when I feel a bit flaky or unproductive, may be days when I’m more aware of my grief.  Then other days I’m optimistic and ready for whatever comes.  Sounds like life to me.

blessings

Kathy