All Courses Forums Course Discussion Forums Strategic Chaplaincy Week 3: Health Progress-Measuring Pastoral Care Performance-May-June 2018 Reply To: Week 3: Health Progress-Measuring Pastoral Care Performance-May-June 2018

Rose McKeown
@rmckeown

Thanks Melanie for your reflections. I very much appreciate how you state that not all chaplains are skilled in staff care and debriefing, with or without the cism training, while others are gifted. What do you mean by ‘cism’ training? In my experience, there are some staff you bond with more than others. Personalities are different and that can affect relationships. One way I try to be one with them is by doing my charting there at the desk where they are. I is amazing the conversations you have with staff at those times. Our ER staff very much appreciate pastoral care and are not happy that we no longer have a chaplain presence on the weekends.
And I resonate with your sharing about research! My CPE training was 26 years ago! NACC now is requiring that we have education in this area. So many CEUs each year. Hard to find CEUs in this area!!!
Rose