All Courses Forums Course Discussion Forums Strategic Chaplaincy Week 3: Health Progress-Measuring Pastoral Care Performance-May-June 2018 Reply To: Week 3: Health Progress-Measuring Pastoral Care Performance-May-June 2018

brandeaton
Participant
@brandeaton

I am thankful for the inclusion of this article, since the video presentation by Rabbi Siritsky was “abbreviated.”  🙂

I was most interested in how the chaplains round in the ER to debrief nurses following adverse events and how the research tools used demonstrated the very positive impact this had on compassion satisfaction vs. compassion fatigue and burnout.  We currently have a retired military chaplain working part-time in our department who is trained in CISM (critical incident stress management).  I am prompted to discuss his training with him more fully, and to investigate how he may be a real resource in providing spiritual care to our staff working with the terminally ill and their families.  Moreover, the research instruments Rabbi Siritsky employed may be valuable for us in measuring the impact of a chaplain providing support and debriefing nurses who provide end-of-life care.