All Courses Forums Course Discussion Forums Strategic Chaplaincy Week two: Seminar Recording: Spirituality – The New Elixir in the Care Contiunu Reply To: Week two: Seminar Recording: Spirituality – The New Elixir in the Care Contiunu

Rose McKeown
@rmckeown

Thanks Melanie and Joy. I worked in a nursing home for ten years and saw how we need as many hugs at the end of our life as we do at the beginning. Caring for the human spirit so important from birth ’til death. I did wonder if SignatureHealthCARE accepts Medicaid patients. Most of the patients here in our nursing homes end up on Medicaid as their money does run out. So, the institution does not have the funding to hire enough staffing. How we care for our elderly population needs to be addressed as a nation. We pay our sports people and Hollywood people lots of money to entertain us but we don’t want to pay adequately those who take care of us in a vulnerable way. I get e-mails from “Meaningful Ageing Australia” and it looks like they are way ahead of us in caring for the elderly population.