All Courses Forums Course Discussion Forums Strategic Chaplaincy Week two: Seminar Recording: Spirituality – The New Elixir in the Care Contiunu Reply To: Week two: Seminar Recording: Spirituality – The New Elixir in the Care Contiunu

Rose McKeown
@rmckeown

Thanks Melanie, Brad and Joy. for your reflections. You all went into a deeper analysis than I did! You picked up on things that I did not. It may be because just this week we have had several nursing home patients at the hospital and they shared about their experience of living in the nursing home. It was very sad. Listening to how people are treated at Signature HealCARE was so much more loving and caring and how the nursing home can be fertile ground for the spiritual life to grow. I appreciated that spirituality was one of the three foundational Pillars.
I didn’t like the war language or the employees being called ‘stakeholders’ either. I also wondered if at times it did not border on proselytizing.
Brad, your research project sounds like something we could all learn from! I hope it becomes a reality and I hope there would be a way for you to share them with us!