All Courses Forums Course Discussion Forums Strategic Chaplaincy Week One: Essentials of Applying Complexity Thinking Reply To: Week One: Essentials of Applying Complexity Thinking

brandeaton
Participant
@brandeaton

I regret missing the interview today with Larry, but will connect to the recording as the link becomes available.

I continue to ponder the concepts of complexity thinking.  I am wondering how accountability is seen as effectively exercised under the complexity thinking rubric?  I believe accountability has relevance to the understanding of  leaders as “destabilizers who encourage disequilibrium and disrupt existing patterns of behavior” (Leadership Myth #3).  This certainly would be a form of change agent behavior–a positive form of leadership when a system’s stasis is prohibiting innovation.  However, it seems such a leader still needs to be have a vision of some outcome, to which the leader is accountable, in order to assess a current process and then seek to destabilize in hopes of reaching that better outcome.