All Courses Forums Course Discussion Forums Creating a Caring Presence Week Three: Listening and Caring Skills, Chapter 3: Perception Check Reply To: Week Three: Listening and Caring Skills, Chapter 3: Perception Check

Rose McKeown
@rmckeown

Thank you Rick! I agree with you that we need the technical tools as well as our understanding of the spiritual aspect of a person’s struggles in providing a caring presence. I don’t always feel confident that I have all the technical tools but I know the Lord is at work in me moment by moment and also in those I encounter. My confidence comes in knowing that I work beside the Great Physician. I am never alone in my caregiving. The Primer really stresses this in each of the chapters.

You have much to give with having had 30 years as a professional pastoral counselor and now as a PRN chaplain in hospice. I experience you as giving that to us in all these opportunities that Wayne Oates offers to us. I very much appreciate all you are and do for us chaplains. You are a true blessing!