All Courses Forums Course Discussion Forums Creating a Caring Presence Week Two: Listening…Chapter 2 and 8 Reply To: Week Two: Listening…Chapter 2 and 8

Wally Plock
Participant
@wemajh

Rose

Thanks you for your insights and transparency.  Being aware that others stories can take us places in our spirit and that our in process journey might give insight into their in process journey.  My dad died when I was almost two.  I carried that subconscious grief for along time.  I love flea markets, garage sales, estate sales, etc.  I love looking at old stuff and realized somewhere in my adulthood that [art of me was trying to connect to my dad.  During CPE, my colleagues help me organize a memorial service for my father.  It was incredible healing.  it has become part of the fabric of my healing presence.  Your mention of the importance of suffering and Jesus’ suffering brings to mind St. Paul in 2 Cor. 1:3-6. <span class=”passage-display-bcv”>2 Corinthians 1:3-6</span> <span class=”passage-display-version”>New International Version (NIV)</span>
<h3><span id=”en-NIV-28804″ class=”text 2Cor-1-3″>Praise to the God of All Comfort</span></h3>
<span class=”text 2Cor-1-3″><sup class=”versenum”>3 </sup>Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,</span> <span id=”en-NIV-28805″ class=”text 2Cor-1-4″><sup class=”versenum”>4 </sup>who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.</span> <span id=”en-NIV-28806″ class=”text 2Cor-1-5″><sup class=”versenum”>5 </sup>For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.</span> <span id=”en-NIV-28807″ class=”text 2Cor-1-6″><sup class=”versenum”>6 </sup>If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer</span>