Kirstin D. Batchelor
@kdbatchelor

Hello, I’m Kirstin Batchelor, and I hope I am posting in the correct location. I’m excited about exploring Spirituality and Palliative Care with you all. I am a UCC clergy having served as a hospital chaplain in Anchorage, AK and a hospice chaplain in Duluth, MN. My husband and I recently relocated to Western North Carolina and I’m exploring what is next for me. I enjoyed chaplaincy in both settings I worked in and also feel ready for something different perhaps. I still feel a strong commitment to the importance of health care chaplaincy and also believe strongly that Palliative Care is a much-needed and at times misunderstood part of health care. As a hospice chaplain there were many occasions when a patient would benefit from palliative care either because they were not ready for hospice or because they were being discharged from hospice. We were fortunate to have a program at the hospital in Duluth, and their hope was also for it to expand to home care and not just hospital-based care. I look forward to our conversations and to meeting you all. Thanks!