Cindy Wallace
@CindyWallace

Hi everyone,

Sorry I am late to the game, but I have just finished chapters 1 and 2.  I will continue to work through and try to catch up!  My name is Cindy Wallace and I am Chaplain Manager at Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital in Hoffman Estates, IL. I have worked here for 3 1/2 years, and before that was a hospice chaplain for 6 years and did a year residency with Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta in the cancer and blood disorder clinic.  I am an ordained minister, endorsed through Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, and board certified with APC.  Prior to chaplaincy I worked as an elementary school teacher and part-and eventually full-time minister to multiple churches from 1989-present.  I currently have a part-time position as Choir Director at First Congregational Huntley, IL.

My interest in this course is obvious with my current position in behavioral health, but what I realize more and more is that I have been working with patients/parishioners/families with mental health issues all my career.  When I moved into the mental health field, I was introduced quickly to John Swinton and became an instant fan!