Rick Underwood
@RickUnderwood

Welcome Kathy and Lee,

Joy and I have begun the discussion of the Introduction to the book and Chapters 1 and 2.  Please go to her thread in the Forum for reading and replying and posting your thoughts, questions, quotes, experiences, etc. We ill use that as our place to interact until next Tues.

I don’t think anybody here needs introductory words from me.  However, life is always moving so I will share an update or two.  After a long pastoral counseling career, I am currently teaching parttime in the Organizational Leadership graduate program at the local university, pastoring a rural church, and directing the Oates Institute.

I just returned from a rare two-week vacation through southern and northern California.  Three of those days, I attended the joint APC and NACC meeting in Anaheim. I was surprised to see very little offered on our topic.  Yet, this topic is one of the most requested topics here at Oates.

Please share your introductions here. Typically, we post articles on the site and that is why you are instructed to check when you have completed an assignment. Since we are discussion Swinton’s book, just scroll to the bottom of that page and you can click on Forums.  Once again, share your introduction on Joy’s thread.  Then, when you are ready click on her Forum for Introduction, Chapters 1 and 2 to post your responses and your thoughts about the readings.

Rick

Rick