Overview: In preparation for the two-week online symposium: Trauma
Informed Spiritual Care, this seminar will provide an overview of
trauma-informed care and why it is important. Trauma-informed care is
a philosophy of care that influences and informs one’s approach to every
interaction in healthcare. Especially, during the pandemic that is still
raging in the world, TIC invites caregivers and clients to work together
in a framework of wellness that produces improved outcomes. There are
many potential positive outcomes from a TIC approach: improved
employee satisfaction; better employee engagement; and a reduction in
burnout and turnover.
1. Learn the different components of a TIC approach.
2. Discover the trauma response theory and how it works.
3. Be able to identify the influence of Adverse Childhood
4. Learn how Trauma Affects the Community
5. Discuss some Trauma resiliency strategies.