Introduction to Acquired Brain Injury
Facilitator: Eddie Reynolds, M. Div., Executive Director of the Brain Injury Alliance of Kentucky
This seminar is an introduction to the world of persons with an Acquired Brain Injury, or ABI. This will acquaint you with definitions, issues, strategies, and resources to help a person and the family cope with brain injury. As a collaborative learning seminar, you will be able share experiences, ask questions, and translate the information into your spiritual caregiver practice.
Following this seminar, participants should be able to:
- Understand the terminology of brain injury.
- Recognize the ways brain injury affects the person, his or her family, and other persons in this person’s life.
- Reflect on how an understanding of the grieving process can help guide people through the recovery process of brain injury.
- Utilize the resources available to help the person and/or family unit cope with a brain injury.
- Understanding Brain Injury: A Guide for the Family The Mayo Clinic, 2008.
- Brain Injury: When the Call Comes Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey
- Spiritual Care Handbook on PTSD/TBI, Rev. Brian Hughes and Rev. George Handzo
These are available in PDF format and are available on the BIAK website at www.biak.us